Friday, April 10, 2009

Fishing

Uncle Jody bought Kaitlin her first fishing pole. She is very proud of her pink princess "Sishing" pole. Uncle Jody, Scott, and Granddaddy took Kaitlin to the pond one afternoon for her first fishing adventure. (I was still at work, so I didn't get to go.) Kaitlin didn't actually catch any on her pole, but she helped Uncle Jody reel his in. If you ask her how big that fish was, she'll open her arms as wide as she can. This, of course, is unrealistic....but very cute! Kaitlin loved getting to touch her first fish (GROSS!).
I spent last Saturday cleaning the house. By Saturday afternoon, I was determined I was going to get Kaitlin outside to enjoy the nice weather. I asked if she wanted to go fishing, and of couse she did. This time Scott, Granddaddy, and Gramby joined us. Kaitlin grew quickly bored with holding her pole, so Scott caught lots of fish of that pink princess pole! Kaitlin had a ball throwing sticks and rocks into the water. It entertained her so well that she didn't even care to reel in the fish on her line after the first couple. She just kept on throwing rocks and sticks. We caught several small bass and brim. Great times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jody's fish really was very big, just ask kaitlin she was actually there. Kerri Jo was not there. If she was there she would have been to busy throwing rocks and sticks in the water to have noticed.
Uncle Jody

Emmy said...

How cute! I'm surprised she likes touching the fish.

And Jody, I'm sure your fish was very big...to you and Kaitlin :)

Amanda said...

I am loving reading about Miss Kaitlin!!!