Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Love Summer

I am so very glad that summer is here. The last few weeks of school are easy but also trying. We don't try to throw as much at the kids, but at the same time they think they shouldn't have to do anything. During the month of May, teachers turn into babysitters. I don't mind this so much though. It allows me the opportunity to loosen up and really enjoy spending time with my students in a much more relaxed atmosphere.
Most people seem to think that once school is out for the summer, that a teacher's work is done. Actually, I spent two full days in meetings just last week. We are required to complete a minimum of 30 professional development hours. Some years I put in closer to 50! With that said, I am glad that I don't have any more days scheduled until the last week in July (unless something else pops up).
We don't have any major plans for the summer. Kaitlin has already made her first trip to Holiday World with Ella Kate and Scott's parents back on the last day of school. They had a blast. We are planning to go there next week, so I guess that's something to look forward to.
It feels like this is my first true week off. I've been passing most of the time around the house. Hopefully, Kaitlin and I will start getting over to the pool soon. I think she'll really enjoy it this year.
There is so much to be done here. I have a few projects I want to tackle, but I'm not quite there yet. I'm still trying to catch up on laundry and other messes we seem to create.
Those are all my ramblings for now. I know it's not much, but keep checking back. I promise it will get more interesting!

No comments: