Tuesday, July 29, 2008

55

Yep, Mom hit the Big 55 on Monday. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we threw a Surprise party for Mom. It was Aunt Polly's idea, and she put so much into it to make it great. Mom was definitely surprised (as you can see below). Mom had a blast.I was at an inservice Monday when Jody sent me a text saying that we were going on the General Jackson that night.......okay, if you know my brother at all, you know how odd this sounded coming from him. The guy rarely eats out, much less takes a dinner cruise on the General Jackson. It was true though. Mom decided she wanted to do something special for her birthday, so off we went. I wasn't crazy about going simply because I have TONS to do and was about to leave for Holiday World early the next morning. I have to admit, however, that it was really fun. We had a great time. This was the NashVegas Cruise, so we enjoyed the entertainment of Tina Turner, Elton John, and of course Elvis. So what if they weren't the real thing? You can try to make them out in the picture below. My photos have all been taken with my blackberry lately, so please excuse the quality.


No comments: