Friday, March 7, 2008

Lions, Tigers, and Elephants....Oh My!

Kaitlin loves animals. Some of her earliest words were animal names and sounds. I was so excited when I learned that a circus was coming to Springfield. Kaitlin decided that she wanted to invite her best friend, Ella Kate, to go with her. The invitation list just kept growing from there. So, Kaitlin's Granddad, Granny, Amber (my dear friend and Ella Kate's mommy), and I all got to endure the event together.

It was very entertaining for a small circus, but also a bit long for 2 year olds to sit through. We all agreed that the thin, wooden bleachers were extremely uncomfortable. It didn't help that Kaitlin just learned to use the potty (yay!) and insisted on going to the potty 5 times during the circus. I'm sure the women I had to ask to move every time we got up could have killed us.

The girls loved the lions, tigers, and elephants. I only got one picture of my girls. They wore Granddad's lap out. (Yes, Ella Kate calls him Granddad too, and will be devastated when she gets older and learns that they are not her real grandparents!) As you can see, they loved showing how the lions clawed and making the "roooaarrr!" sound!








2 comments:

Brea said...

A circus in Springfield?!?! My, you are brave! CONGRATS on the pottying...that is awesome...and yes, the lady next to you probably was ready to kill you but who cares!

Alison said...

I love the CIRCUS!

Man, I would have totally gone to that...even if it was in Springfield.

I am so stinking pumped that you are a blogger! I love you girl and miss you!

With Love,
alison