Monday, March 17, 2008

Meet Lucky and Ducky





No, this picture was not taken at a petting zoo. Nor was it at a special Easter event for children. Kaitlin's dear, sweet, thoughtful Daddy decided that Kaitlin needed to have ducks of her very own. Kaitlin loves her new feathered friends. Daddy loves his new pals, too. Mommy just wishes she had been asked her opinion on having live creatures in the home.




Why did Daddy buy Kaitlin ducks? His response was, "I wanted to buy her some last year, but she was too small." (I think they were really a gift to himself.)




The ducks aren't so bad. They're okay to look at (I haven't touched them yet). I have even grown to enjoy their sweet chirps (no quacks yet). Daddy is getting to learn what it's like to clean up after pets. I'm not sure if he is still in love with them like he was when he first brought them home.




As you can see from the first photgraph, they fit in Daddy's hand nicely when we first met them. We believe they tripled in size after just 1 week. The picture below is of the ducks now (a week and a half after the first picture). My, how they've grown!




Granddaddy, get ready for some new inhabitants in your pond. I think Lucky and Ducky are about to waddle their way on over to your place!


1 comment:

Alison said...

That is the funniest post I have read in a long time. I love your comment on "how you wished mommy would have been asked..." SO Funny!!

Scott, what are we going to do with you...and what are you feeding those ducks...they are HUGE!!!

Love you,
Alison